Commercial Bank Chambers is located in the historic Commercial Bank building in Molesworth St in the heart of Lismore CBD.
Our Building Circa 1936...
The Commercial Banking Company of Sydney was founded in 1834. Despite its name, it was always concerned with supporting agricultural and pastoral pursuits in regional Australia.
The Lismore Branch was opened in 1875 and was the first bank established in Lismore. The original branch was housed in a timber building at 40 Molesworth St, Lismore. The current building was erected in 1936, claiming to bring a new modern style to Lismore.
The premises operated as a bank until 2000, when it was sold and leased for commercial purposes. We are very proud to have this historic Lismore building to house our chambers.